Where is Beechworth?
Beechworth is in the beautiful hills and Alpine regions of North East Victoria and is a very easy 3 hour drive from Melbourne straight up the Hume Highway. The turn off is well signposted. Beechworth is centrally located in the NE with Wangaratta, Benalla, Albury/Wodonga and Myrtleford all within cooee.
How much are the tickets?
We have considered the cost of the tickets very carefully while planning the Beechworth Music Festival and have tried very hard to keep them as low as possible. We think that considering the great lineup we curate each year that the price of the tickets presents fantastic value for money.
Where can I stay if I’d rather not camp at the BMF site?
There are a multitude of motels, hotels, B&B’s, great caravan parks or other self contained holiday accommodation. Check out the Beechworth Visitor Information Centre or go to beechworth.com for lots of options. Be mindful that the Beechworth Music Festival is on a long weekend and you should book early to avoid missing out.
Can I camp for more than one night at the BMF site?
Yes – we are now able to offer two nights of free camping from Friday night through to the Sunday morning of BMF. You can arrive anytime from about 4pm Friday and should leave the site by midday Sunday. There is some light entertainment and refreshments provided by locals available on the Friday evening before a big day of music on Saturday.
What else can I do while visiting Beechworth?
Beechworth and the whole North East region has something for everyone. Once a thriving gold rush town producing some of the richest diggings in Victoria, and the stamping ground of some famous highwaymen and bushrangers, Beechworth has one of Victoria’s best preserved 19th century streetscapes. While you’re here check out Beechworth’s Historic and Cultural Precinct by visiting the award winning Burke Museum, the Ned Kelly Vault (includes Sydney Nolan’s last painting of Ned Kelly), the Beechworth Courthouse, Telegraph Station, Powder Magazine and Chinese Burning Towers or soak them all up with a guided town walk.
Other great things to do include –
- Test your nerve with a Ghost Tour at the old Mayday Hills Lunatic Asylum
- Visit the historic Murray Breweries and Carriage Museum
- Enjoy live music and local hospitality at one of Beechworth’s four historic hotels and have a drink at the bar where members of the Kelly Gang once stood
- Follow the Indigo Gold Trail and try your hand at gold panning
- Visit the spiritual and ceremonial Yeddonba Aboriginal Art site at Mount pilot and learn more about the local indigenous clans. The faded but very significant paintings of a Tasmanian Tiger, a Goanna and a Snake are well over 2000 years old
- Cycle the Murray to Mountains Rail Trail or go mountain biking at the Beechworth Mountain Bike Park.
- For the bushwalking, fishing or birdwatching enthusiast, take in some nature and breathtaking views by visiting our National Parks, rivers, waterfalls and lakes.